For this week’s Throwback Thursday, we’re travelling back in time to 2013…
Originally released in November 1999, The Legend of the River King is a unique fishing RPG that offers two fantastic gameplay modes, putting your angling and survival skills to the test!
Follow a young boy’s quest for the elusive Guardian Fish. Only with its magical powers can he save his sister from a mysterious illness. Choose a fishing spot from the quiet lakes to the raging rapids. Check the water conditions, and then select from a variety of fishing rods and tackle.
But watch out, because dangerous animals will attack you along the shores!
- Stop at the local villages to sell your catch and restock supplies.
- Rest at an inn before moving on to the next big bite.
- Catch all 40 different species of fish to reveal new fishing spots!
Looking for a more relaxed experience? Try your hand at raising pet fish!
- Keep your fishie happy by regularly checking its status
- Clean the tank to ensure it stays healthy
- Watch your new friend as it evolves into a different species!
Sounds like a lot of fun right? Good news: you can play Legend of the River King right now on your 3DS via the Virtual Console. Click here to learn more about the game or buy it directly from your 3DS console on the Nintendo eShop.